My Lovely Wife Julie

• My Lovely Wife Julie 13

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The past couple of weeks have been very stressfull.  Julie developed new pains on the opposite side of her back, had more radio a couple of days ago, but the increase in pain levels has meant she's been admitted to LOROS Hospice to try and get a better pain management plan in place.

An initial examination suggests that the Ribs could now be affected with Mets but we won't know for certain until she gets scanned.…

• My Lovely Wife Julie 12

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The last week and a half have seen pain levels increase to such an extent that Julie is on 3x her normal dose of pain meds.  Our Oncologist has been on holliday - back tomorrow - and we are desparate for a consult.  Any sort of physical movement sees pain levels rise to such an extent that it causes nausea and vomiting.

The Onc's receptionist will speak to her 1st thing tomorrow to see how soon we can get in and give us…

• My Lovely Wife Julie 11

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The Onc did an examination on Tuesday and Julie was on the table again on Friday.  This time they gave a 2 minit Radio blast to an area of the rib cage adjacent to the original T10 spine site.  This time the Onc didn't even bother to XRay or CT scan - I suppose she just knows what to expect.  

Just when we were starting to get a bit mobile, Julie is having to cope with the side effects of Radio Therapy again.

With a…

• My Lovely Wife Julie 10

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The last couple of weeks have been OK.  We have managed to get out fairly regularly, even out for a Chinese and an Indian meal.

Unfortunately Julie has had a pain in her back that has gradually been getting worse over the last 2 weeks, so bad that even increasing her pain meds by 50% does not give any real relief.  We both suspect that she has more cancer in the T6-T9 region of her spine - I suppose a scan will show exactly…

• My Lovely Wife Julie 9

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Great day today - Doesn't sound much but we went to Julie's mums for dinner.  out of the house for 4 hours, 30 mile round trip by car, no nausea !!!

Fingers crossed we can have a few weeks of stability