My evening walks on the beautiful Yorkshire Wolds

• The time I have been dreading is here!!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, its been a while since I blogged or posted, and sorry to all my friends on here for leaving it so long, I had to re-locate to mums bungalow for a while and she didnt have internet, I have missed you all and your kind and comforting words.....

Well just an update on my situation, 6 weeks ago mum was admitted to hospital, the doctors didnt think she was gonna make it through the night, a spinal compression caused by…

• Day trip to the coast, mum's 1st day out since Xmas

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, I knew I would get her back there, one day, was getting worried for a while that it might not happen, but we went to see my sis (who was camping) last Sunday and had a really good day.......Mum hasnt been anywhere (apart from hospital visits) since Xmas, the last time she was out of the house properly was Xmas eve, shopping, she was flagging a bit then but we never thought owt of it, as she is not getting any younger…

• Mums Scan Results Following Radiotherapy

FormerMember
    FormerMember

8 weeks ago our world fell apart, mum was diagnosed with a squamos non small cell lung cancer, about the size of a mobile phone, in the pleural part  of her left lung....3 months prior she sarted losing weight, suffering from fatigue etc, in quite severe pain......I cant describe how I felt (well not just me but the whole family), we felt, in despair, disbelief, shock, anger etc, every emotion possible, drifting on a cloud…

• DAD, I miss you! A letter

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dad, its been 5 years since you left, time has gone by so fast, sometimes, even now, I expect to see you, playing your keyboard, cracking your jokes.......

We had some problems I know, when I was younger, I was sick and mum took me to doctors, the diagnosis was simple, this child is missing her dad, you left us, for four years then came back, it was the happiest day of my life......but maybe some things were left usaid…

• In remebrance

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, havent posted a blog for a few days, been umpteen busy, with this that and the other, after the little fracas with step-dad, things have settled down, I know he's worried bout mum, and having his own health problems too, mum said the other day that he is coming to terms with the fact that she cant take care of him, hes been doing his best for mum, I have taken over mums roll, step-dad went back to work on monday…