My evening walks on the beautiful Yorkshire Wolds

• Feeling Fraught, Not a good day!!!!!!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I havent' wrote a poem today or been on a walk, I've had a very bad day,             2 nurses have been out to mum today, she's not very well, she cant get out of bed cos her blood pressure is so low.....so anyway, I have been driving my step dads car, to take mum to hospital visits etc, and to take my step dad to hospital too as he has angina, I'm trying to do my best and keep everyone happy, so a trivial thing blew up into…

• House Martins(not the group) and me

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have some cute little house martins under my eaves, every year they come in their hundreds, I have three nests under my bedroom window, every mornign they wake me up about 3.30am, or some mornings I'm just on my way to bed and they send me off to sleep lol, I took some pictures today from my window, I created a slideshow as there were too many to post separately, but I cant seem to insert it, so please click…

• Baby Tawny Owl falls from Tree

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Awwwww, just as I returned home from my walk and visit to my mum's, my neighbour called me over, in his hands, a beautiful baby owl,  my other neighbour built a box some years ago for the owls to nest on his tree, this little one walked along a branch and fell off into his garden, my neighbour said he was going to try and put it back in th tree with aid of another neighbour and his ladders, I hope they get it back…

• Field of Midsummer Poppies

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Normal 0

Thought I would create a blog featuring my walks on these beautiful summer evenings, I am so lucky to be living in this rural bliss, I came here with my mum and step-dad 8 years ago, away from the bright and hectic life of city living (Leeds) dont get me wrong, I still love my home town, I have family there and visit regularly…