My chemotherapy journey

• The enemy within

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    End of week one and I feel fine. A little bit tired at times but not much at all. I am now heading to the bottom of the monthly run which will take my immune system to zero and back up, I'm told around Friday will be the lowest point. Saturday is my 53 birthday which will be spent at home making sure I pick up no nasties and eating well cooked piping hot non spicy food. The joy indeed.

The big issue at home is…

• Back to normal

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Afternoon folks

Just returned from the docs for bloods. My WBC is now 6.3 so now classed in the normal range, the doc agreed this is a good start and now it's the task of getting the nasty CLL cells out of the bone marrow.

It was a good visit overall and I had a good chat with the doc about the future and the possibilities dependant on the outcome of this round of chemo and when it comes then next round.…

• The bad with the good

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Morning folks

Well as the previous post said until Thursday evening I felt fine, a bit weak but generally ok.

Throughout the Thursday night I woke up a few times feeling nauseous but managed not to actually be sick, until the morning. At 6:30 I couldn't hold it anymore and was quite sick. I took the anti sickness pill and actually felt a bit worse, at 11:00 I took the daily medication I have bed given with a…

• First round over

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi folks

Well back home form hospital with everything over and a big bag of pills to pop. Everything went well and I feel fine, maybe a wee bit light headed but only slightly. This is what happened.

Once settled in and bloods take, the cannula fitted i had priton and hydrocortisone injected the saline drip for around half an hour, then the first bag of ritixumab 95mg to be precise. Then tablet form fluradabine…

• Background story

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi folks

I start chemotherapy on Tuesday 2 April 2013, something I would assume all of us thought and hoped we would never have to face. I decided to start this blog to give me something to do something to focus on if things became difficult. However talking to other I thought that maybe my story and what I go through during the treatment may give others an understanding of what may be ahead. Before we begin I thought…