My chemotherapy journey

• Back to Battan

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi folks

Just getting ready to head to the hospital for pre chemo bloods. I have kept away from things over the weekend, and, tried not to think About it. Have to say I'm a bit apprehensive going into this weeks chemo, which will be on Wednesday barring any issues with the bloods today. It's sort of knowing the horrible nausea that I had the last time. My anti emetic drugs have been changed for this one so here's…

• Over it

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Geez had a look at my last post.

As the last post said, I felt pretty down last week. I felt better nearer the end of the week and feel back to my old self now.

I do think being off for so long will be difficult though, but I have gone to a tai chi class which I enjoyed and will attend that as often as I feel fit enough and obviously at the right end of the month due to low immune system etc.

As for how I…

• Struggling.

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Evening all.

As I said in previous posts, I was advised not to work due to the environment I work in. It's starting to get to me now. I felt ok whilst Gail was off work even when it was due to her being unwell (flu). She went back to work on Monday and I have felt worse as each day passes, I don't know how I'll manage this for six months. I have never been off work in 37 years. I have been doing all the wee jobs…

• Lowest point ? Or is it!?

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Morning everyone

Well yesterday was day ten of me first cycle. Prior to starting I was told by the doc that my immune system would be at its lowest on day ten, then heads back up the way prior to getting the next cycle.

I don't expect it to be like this throughout the six months, but, I feel really good healthy energetic. Back to the way I was before. I probably didn't realise that I was maybe a wee bit tired…

• Rewind

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Sorry folks

I got the FCR WRONG

It should have been Fludarabine, cyclophosphamide and ritixumab and not as stated below. Thanks