My Cancer Journey

• Walk Away

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've been spending some time at the GP Surgery recently. More of my care is being passed from the hospital team to my GP in readiness for my discharge next summer when my 5 years of recovery will finally be completed. I began to wish I hadn't gone near the surgery. They have been finding all sorts of delights for me which usually involve needles or some other unpleasantness. When they were going through my records they…

• One more year to go

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's been hospital check up time again. It never used to bother me until a couple of years ago when they found a problem and sent me for further investigation. It eventually turned out to be harmless but it terrified both me and my husband. So we now experience anxiety when we see on the calendar that the appointment is looming.

We deal with it by keeping ourselves busy and not talking about it. My husband has prepared…

• Patrick and Me.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello to all my blog readers. It's been a while since I last updated my blog in January and told you about my failed plans for my book. Well I have a little secret to share with you. After my last post I decided that I should finally stop thinking about writing a book and just get on with it. I had never wanted to write a book about cancer but I finally realised that was the book I was destined to write. So I sat down…

• The Perfect Murder

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Happy New Year to all my readers. It feels good now we're into 2107 as I can now say that my 5 years will be up next year. I've been for my hospital check up and my medical team were very pleased with me. I'm now moving from 4 monthly to 6 monthly check ups and they agree with me that my recovery is more or less complete.

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions but this year I have three. Life has been…

• I Believe In Father Christmas.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mum and Dad are finally starting to settle at the Care Home. I think I have got over my feelings of guilt. Instead I find myself upset at their rapid physical and mental deterioration. I've not had too much time to think about it though. I put their property on the market expecting it not to sell for months. To my amazement it sold within hours and I now have the job of getting it cleared as soon as possible. I found…