My Cancer Diary

• MRI scan and pre op tests

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well went for a MRI scan the other day, it didnt go well, I am larger than life person and they knew this, yet they put me in a machine that looked like a smartie tube!!! the table was high i couldn't get on it, on all fours, with the boobs out, holding a needle in my arm still, and 2 men doing the MRI, you can imaging I wasn't amused! anyway as i went in the machine and felt the inside rub up against my face i had a…

• Genes Testing

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Guys Hospital have just rung, they have pulled my test date forward to next Wednesday and have said I can have my genes tested! i am taking my 17yr old daughter with me as well.....i am excited about this, does that sound silly!

• update 24/11/09

FormerMember
    FormerMember

well have known two weeks now, i have def passed throuhg the five stages of greif and i cant tell you anger was the worst, i stil lhave tears but life seems more normal now. have been concentrating on being positive and healing, got a friend of mine to attune me for reiki level 1, so i can now do daily healing on me, which is very helpful and really relaxing. i have also started to sort my special room where i can go…

• day 4 since i found out

FormerMember
    FormerMember

well its all a bit surreal really, it feels like its something that isnt really happening and even when i say i have cancer, it just doesnt sound like its about me, work are being good about me being off, but just cant sit there for 9 hours and be normal, cant decide if i should tell my team!