emziee's blog

• update =)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

well, i last went to the hospital on the 24th of march. i still hadnt got a date through for a scan, so i rang them up, to ask which scan i was going to be having. they said a CT scan and not a PET scan. so i waited for a date for the scan and heard nothing. so i rang up my trials nurse and asked if she knew the date.

the scan still hadnt been booked. cuz they hadnt decided which scan i was having? so could i go in today…

• this time a year ago:

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I was on my count down, to my final treatment. Id come in chat, and everyone would say.. hey emz, guess what... id go what.. and itd be 2 to go... then again two weeks later.. hey emz, guess what... id say what? One to go.  And then again two weeks later... hey emz! WELL DONE!! And I think just about everyone was in chat for the day of my last treatment, 29th of april 2010, to celebrate with me. ( I was only in chat half…
  • another three months on

FormerMember
    FormerMember

went to the hospital today for my 3 month check up.

i now have a new trials nurse because my other trials nurse has moved onto a new position now. but the new nurse is just as nice =) i saw a junior doctor today, he was nice to.

i had a full body examination..neck, tummy, and pelvis.

my lymphocyte level is slightly raised in my blood tests.

i am due a one year  post treatment CT scan, but they are going to push for…

• Find Your Sense Of Tumour

FormerMember
    FormerMember

well, i havent blogged in a while now, partly because i dont come on the site as much as i used to, for many reasons.

but, i thought id share with you all, a weekend ive just had. i was fortunate enough to be asked to go along to a conference with the Teenage Cancer Trust. it is held in a centre parcs site, and 400 teens and young adults that have been through cancer, get invited to go to.

i wasnt treated on a TCT…

• check up

FormerMember
    FormerMember

been and had my check up, blood results are normal..

he felt lumps in neck, and armpit, he said armpit felt lumpy and if the one in armpit gets bigger then they will do a biopsy, he said just to be cautious, and if it gets bigger to go back...as he thinks at the minute its not sizeable for a biopsy. hes not going to scan me til april time, unless things change, and the trials nurse had a little conversation with me…