My bowel and other parts

• 29th June - PET scan results etc.

Went out on a work errand and was just parking when the nurse phoned, most apologetic for not phoning yesterday. PETSCAN showed nothing extra apart from a hot spot on my throat, probably nothing (but I heard that about my liver) I will need an ultras...
  • 28th June - phone colorectal nurses

It’s over a week since the PET scan and not a word. I don’t even know for absolute sure if the operation date has remained the same. I phoned the nurses to enquire and left a message, they usually get back within about half an hour, but t...
  • 19th June - PET CT scan

All went according to plan. I arrived very early and went in early too. No problems with the cannula and I felt no effects from the “radiation” injection. The scariest part of this will be the results, I am not going to think about them t...
  • 14th and 15th June confusion and changes

Phone call from PETscan people and all arranged for two days time, given “starving” instructions etc. husband booked day off work to take me. The next day a well-meaning friend insisted that I drop my work and talk urgently to a friend of...
  • 12th June - one step further and…

Phone call from Nurse just phoned to say I have to have a PET scan. I asked about date of operation and found they are talking about 12th July. I asked if it would have spread further by then but was reassured that it is relatively slow growing. The ...