My bowel and other parts

• 14th July on the ward

Spent first night on ICU where I received maximum care and attention, then moved to a ward where it wasn’t so good. I was sick at one point and got no help. Eventually got to sleep and woke feeling better. Am eating ice cream as I post this. Ca...
  • 12th July - operation day

Waiting in some sort of holding area with fancy arm chairs. There were several women, we’re down to the last three. All but one I’d say is younger than me, that’s a surprise. I’ve felt very anxious these past few days, feel li...
  • 9th July - COVID test and stoma marks

I now have large black dots on my tummy where the stoma will be if I need one, I do hope not. Another lovely nurse. I had my COVID test, was rather squeamish, think I annoyed the nurse, hope I’m braver next week.
  • 7th July - appointment with recovery nurse

Met with a lovely nurse who went through everything I needed to do before my surgery, what to bring with me and what to expect afterwards. A lot of instructions and potions to take! Starting the next day I have protein drinks to take twice a day, lax...
  • 6th July - telephone conversation with surgeon

Husband came home from work early, daughter worked from our house so they could both listen in, it was a waste of their time. He phoned up about forty minutes early (which threw me slightly) and very quickly went through what was likely to happen in ...