mums lung cancer

• Angels & Demons

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I havn't blogged for a few days for the simple reason, I havn't seen mum that much really.

This demon that is my depression seems to have taken hold for the past week, so up and down.

Yes, a lot of it is to do with mum, but what can I do? I suppose ultimately the feeling of being uselessness leads to feeling like this.

Mum has been too tired to come over to my house and when she has been well enough…
  • Tears & Rain

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well there you have it, last night was the first night that I truly cried. Maybe bottling it all up finally came to a head.

I think I knew it was coming when I re-read my latest posts.

So what happened last night to make this sudden summer shower appear from nowhere?

I don’t know , my sister came, she had picked mum up from the chemo. She had a load more appointments for me to write down, and then said that they had told…

• 3rd Cycle of Chemo is here

FormerMember
    FormerMember

To see this blog as it is intended please visit http://mumslungcancer.blogspot.com

How fast is this coming around? We are up to the 3rd cycle of chemo already, I think they have scheduled 6 in total, then a blast of radio therapy on the brain, as a safe guard measure as is likely to spread there next. I have brought my computer and am typing this while we are here! Up to now they have put her arms in water to make her…

• Be Happy

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I havn't blogged for a few days, because I have been feeling a bit under the weather.
    Some of it could be alchohol and self inflicted if you get my drift. ............Birthdays and kebab's.

Mum seems to be doing ok this week, she said her dead foot hasn't returned since she has been on these meds so thats a good sign.

I do get annoyed with her at times though, Friday, when I was feeling ok, I phoned to see if…

• A day out at the hospital

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well what a day!!!!

Today mum has had blood tests, x-rays, ecg's and ultrasounds.
    Blood tests have come back that her blood count is low at the moment and put the number 60 (whatever that's meant to mean) on it. Apparntly if it drops as low as 10 or if she starts showing signs of any infection they will do a blood transfusion.
    Because of her low blood count now she needs to be extra careful not to pick up any infections…