Miss Nutter's Cancer Journey

• Preston hospital diazapan and major spine surgery

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    So after being off the radar for a while I'm now back a mrs morris. I'm currently in Preston hospital where after fucking up my medication .... Big time and me thinking I was a gonna I'm now back after having pins put in my lower spine to help with the problems thé tumour has caused, basically the tumour has eaten away at the lower vertebrae so I'm now in Preston hospital with my own , as I call it , vivian Westwood back…
  • The beginning of the end

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well 23rd dec 2011 was the day my world was turned upside down. Friday 23rd December was the day I was told that people with cancer as advanced as mine are dead within 6 months and most of the rest within 12 months. Happy Fucking Christmas to you too!!! So we did what anyone who has just been told that this may be your last Christmas and went to burger king. The last lot of chemo hadn't worked as well as quiet hoped…
  • It's the waiting game......again

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    So due to have my last chemo session this Thursday (15th). Went to see oncologist on Friday, saw his registrar. The usual questions how are you? Blah blah I explain about the pain in my leg ( which I have had all along and was told it was due to the DVT) the pain goes through phases of being really bad to nothing. I also mentioned how my back is getting worse - I'm walking with a stick! I'm like an old woman. Now I've…
  • Half way there

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Woop woop I can now finally blog from my phone which will probably result in a lot more blogging as I will be able to do it from my bed, which is somewhere I'm spending a lot of time at the minute. I'm half way through my treatment now and frig me it's kicking my arse. I've been in bed since Sunday doing nothing but eating spewing and sleeping. Carl has been fantasic and ludo ( my cat) hasnt left my side. Chemo is orrid…
  • Remission...nice while it lasted!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So technically speaking I don't think I was ever actually in Remission. I started with pains in my groin around the time of my 3 month check-up was given a date for a CT scan and then developed DVT. On Friday 19th August I received a letter for an appointment that afternoon for my scan results. The results showed that the cancer has moved and is pushing itself against my vain in my groin ( hence the DVT).