Me vs Head & Neck Cancer

• Second Chemo Session - Day 1

FormerMember
    FormerMember

First day of my second 5 day chemo was yesterday Thu 7th July, should have started the day before (Wednesday) before but there wasn't a bed available, feeling fine, the first session was a bit of a learning experience but I feel more prepared with an idea what'll be happening this time round.

Had a bit of a rough time with mouth ulcers & bowel problems after the first session but after a week & half or so got these…

• Treatment Days 8 & 9

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Day 8 continued

I am now a baldie! Pauline & I managed a real belly laugh or three getting to this stage, it felt really good to laugh like that. My only concern is that I now look frighteningly like my avatar. Went shopping for a few bits and then off to a couple of Pauline's favourite fabric shops for her patchworking supplies. Back home as (Martin) one of her work colleagues was calling round with his 3 year old.…

• Treatment Days 5,6,7 & into day 8

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sunday.

What a bloody awful day, woke up with a headache which just got worse and worse, just felt so unwell, was truly miserable, could hardly eat, couldn't even be ar**d to drink really, When Pauline came in to visit got her to phone my girls up & tell them not to come and visit. When I look back on it now think I just spent the day feeling sorry for myself.

Monday.

Unsettled night but awake about 4.30 &…

• Treatment Day 4

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good sleep till woken for obs then dozed till about 5, went & had bath & shave etc then stretched out on bed & guess what! Yep fell asleep again. Managed a couple of slices of toast for breakfast, vegetable balti for lunch and mediteranean pasta for lunch, couple of little threats of the dreaded heartburn but nothing materialised, Still avoiding the hot drinks for the time being.

Now on 3rd infusion so only…

• Treatment Day 3

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had a pretty good night, about 4 hours till woken for obs than managed another hour or so till drip changeover. Got up did the shaving, teeth & loo then a nice hot bath for pleasure rather than necessity this time. Loved it. Went & stretched out on the bed & fell asleep again. Unbelievable!

Woke up with severe heartburn, first time I've woken with it, told this probably down to the high dose of steroids I…