madmadge

• No Day Out

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sunday 23rd May 2010

As some of you will know through chat, John's chemo was cancelled last Friday because the pharmacy had run out of the drug he needed (the trial part).  We didn't find out until we turned up at Ward 10 so you can imagine how upset we both were.  John gets himself in a terrible state on the days leading up to treatment and it was all for nothing!

The Head Pharmacist did come up to apologise…

• What a difference a day makes!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wednesday 19th May 2010

After all my groans and moans yesterday, today couldn't have been more different.  We actually spent most of the day apart - I was at my writing group and John went out for lunch with his daughter.  Afterwards, I realised that we needed that little time apart to stand back and look at things and to have something else to talk about other than what is contantly on our minds - John's illness.…

• What's the point?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Tuesday 18th May

Pre-Chemo appointment number 3.

We saw the big boss today, i.e. Mr Geldart at Bournemouth Hospital, for the first time since John's initial diagnosis.  He told us that the blood tests showed promising results, i.e. that the chemo is working as it should.

I asked what stage John was at and he told us his cancer is Stage 4.  It will never ever be cured and there is no possible chance of an operation…

• Grow Old With Me.

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Grow Old With Me – the Best is Yet to Come!

I wanted to grow old with you and hoped for happy years
    Then came the worst news of all, my eyes were full of tears.
    Why, why, why? Why us? I cried.
    How can I go on without you by my side?

This wasn’t meant to happen, we’d worked hard for these years.
    We’d planned to have some fun and now our days are full of fear.
    You’re fading fast, your…
  • Cause I love you!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Monday 10th May

I heard this song on the radio the other day and searched for it on youtube.  Here it is and it is so appropriate for some of us caring for people we love.  It brought a tear to my eye but it's a lovely song.  Hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwymwMoKmwA