Loony Rambles

• Home again, home again, jiggedy jig ...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Isn't sleep lovely??

Anyway, where were we? Ah yes, the bone marrow biopsy day. I left the last blog, then as I was about to tuck into bed, felt sick; it seems maybe a dodgy sandwich ma have set me off, but I filled a bedpan (remember they left me a stack to measure my wee?) with a days worth of vomit. Haven't felt right since! Anyway, Thursday had a couple of visitors, with more books! :) Also had to lie on one side…

• 3 days inside, 1 more bombshell

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Arrived Mon am with no room for me - was put in assessment room on a spare bed then given the rituximab, told to watch out for any possible side-effects which can happen first time. Quizzed Jodie on what name my lymphoma has now. T cell rich diffuse B cell. Not that common but responds well to treatment. Then BAm told I'd need to give a bone marrow sample in next day or so. ?!?!?!?!?! Nice. Well an hour later, my…
  • Went in to fill in forms, and got Biopsy results...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Evening folks.

I don't know what the stats are for misdiagnosis, but apparently I DON'T have Hodgkins, I have NON Hodgkins (diffuse T cell blah blah).

So I will have 6 - 8 treatments with this new bag, which isn't strictly chemo, it an anti-body that begins with R. And 3 goes at IGEV, with next week being the 2nd. So I get 'R' this Monday, then the following Wed when I'm home (pop in to ward for morning) then…

• Check ups, dates, and Birthdays!!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yesterday the lovely Jo took me to the hospital for the bloods etc - all very good, the G jabs I did all week worked and all counts up enough not to be needed until next Monday - the histology dept still not sent back their assessment of the biopsy so still going with our lots assessment for now. So, a whole week off for good behaviour :)
    Followed by  bit of shopping for wrapping paper and obligatory stop at coffee shop…

• Food, visits, more food, and Moomintrolls

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So, Saturday, Deri was off to ballet then a 'pamper party' for her friend's birthday - pamper party?? Heehee! As my friend Liz said, when we were 6/7, it was soggy sandwiches and musical bumps in your sitting room ;)
    So, that meant I had 11-5 to myself, as M was out - with Ben do you think?? :D, and B was out gallivanting in Cardiff. My dad called - gosh - so he and stepmum came to visit, bringing choklit and…