Loony Rambles

• 4th YAWN day was thus spent...

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Yes, you guessed, 4th day was mostly spent yawning or sleeping! Good job they give you these big beds with moveable parts to lie on eh? :-) All blood and urine tests are happy ones apparently which is good. Finally had the Dissappointing Meal last night - yuk!! Pasta Bolognese - how can you mess that up?? Ah well. I had pineapple slices and choklit to make up for it! A lovely visit from my gorgeous Deri! And now…
  • 3rd day aboard Ship Gilwern

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Yesterday went well, slept well and had a surprise visitor from afar. I DO wish typing here from your phone would allow paragraphs! I'll just have to go paragraph mad when I get home.... Well- I say I slept well - apart from being woken by the poor old lady next door who does impressions of a hacking hag every few hours or so which lasts for 5 minutes: 3am, then, I was shaken out of sleep for a good 15 mins whilst her…
  • Day 2 on the good ship Gilwern

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well I took anti sickness and two cocodomols before bed and woke up with no achy neck huzzah! Doc came by and said I looked less pale and my neck looked smaller!! Already?! Oh yay and then some!! Just one bag of chemo today and more pharmaceutical drugs and I AM more tired but doing ok :-) Today I was spoiled some more! Lynne brewed fresh coffee in pot then decanter it into a flask and wrapped two china mugs and came…
  • Captain's log: day 1 on Gilwern Ship

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Ok. Day 1 = not bad. 3 different drugs took just under 3 hours. Bit light headed n woozy about 1pm but popped a pill and ok after that. Ate all food fine. Had visits from mum n Deri then Megz n Ben and then Kerry. Deri brought me a cuddly. Megz bought me pink bedsocks with my name on and Kerry bought bananas and green n blacks dark choc :-) Lots of anti nasty drugs given too. So slept well and having brekkie now. Bit…
  • Eisteddfod to Ensuite

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    The weekend began with: taking Deri to the Cwmdu eisteddfod where age had 2nd prize for her Welsh poem recital - yay! Then she was whisked off to a birthday party so I went home and Pam n Jo came a-calling. Sunday: Megz n Ben n Broni got up when I summoned them so they could help Move Bedrooms Around. Blimey, they worked hard and I tried to help but can't lift or carry anything much (as Deri said to me fri night when…