kezzerbird's blog

• The holiday, cancer and me Part8

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    TOAST TO CANCER AND ELLESMERE AND THE STEAK! We were heading back towards trevor to go back over the Pontcysyllte Aquaduct (pronounced--Pont-ker-sulth-tee), where we would have a glass of champayne and toast the fact I was still fighting and to tell the cancer to go away! (use your imagination on the actual words that we used!) It felt really good, shouting that up in mid air. I wanted the whole world to know. On the…
  • The holiday, cancer and me Part7

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    We stayed in Llangollen for another 24 hours. Once again I went clothes shopping, so my new wardrobe was very pleasing to me and then it was back to The Corn Mill for lunch, big mistake! I choose the burger, but I couldn't actually open my mouth wide enough to even bite through it. Kev sat there laughing at me while I tried to figure out how to eat it! Eventually I did (chemo brain) I desperatly needed to put some weight…
  • The holiday, cancer and me Part6

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Now where was I, oh yes, the Poncysyllte Aquaduct! Has you cross the aquaduct from Chirk on your left, is fresh air and nothing more, to your right is a walkway with high railings. it is an experience well worth having even if like me you are scared of heights! The views are stunning and the feeling of being above the treetops and birds flying, is awsome. The canal narrows in several places before entering Llangollen…
  • The holiday, cancer and me Part5

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi guys...............this one may be a bit long winded, sorry but it involves my charity night and just shows what love, friendship and kindness is still out there when you need it, the holiday and food will be mentioned to!!!!!!! My oncoligist asked me if I had any questions after he'd explained about my course of treatment. I only had two........one, would I loose all my waist-length hair? two, could I still have…
  • The holiday, cancer and me Part4

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I was told "If you don't have treatment now, you.ll die". Fine, understood. "Well get on with it then" was my reply. It seems my reactions to my dilemma were incorrect! I should have screamed, cried, yelled why me, but no, I didn't. I herd the word cancer, I knew what it could do and wasting energy on throwing a massive fit didn't enter my head. I have cancer, there is treatment, get on with it and see what happens.…