Jules43's blog

• We are now on the Stem Cell Transplant journey!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, we've had the meeting with the Consultant and the verdict is in.  My husband has to have a stem cell transplant using donor cells.  His sister is being tested for a match so I will update when I have news on that front and prior to that he has made the appointment to go in and have at least one sharp shot of chemo prior to the transplant.  The chemo he is receiving is ESHAP and he has to stay in hospital for 5…

• Latest in my world!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ok, so here is the latest.  After reaching no remission in 3 years despite various concoctions being injected into my husband he is now going to receive Donor Stem Cell Transplant in anticipation of and I quote the oncologist here "a complete cure"!!!! He goes into hospital in August to have Eshap chemo, he stays in for 5 days and then comes home for 2/3 weeks then goes in again for another 5 days and has another lot.…

• Mis-Diagnosis!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ok, ive got to get this off my chest.  Everyday I go on this site and everyday I read of a person being diagnosed with a terminal form of cancer - in most of these cases its primarily terminal because the GP has failed to diagnose earlier.  Had some of these cases been caught earlier some of these lovely people would survive.  Only today a young mother in the Daily Mail was mis-diagnosed for months! with migraines only to…

• Sad Day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Im having a sad day today - I feel incredibly guilty about this as Im only the carer, it is my husband that is dealing with cancer not me!  I could barely get around the supermarket praying that no one spoke to me in case i burst into tears.  I then rushed to my car and then sat and sobbed all the way home. I just dont know whats wrong with me. Sorry folks, I just had to get that out there. 

• Scans Reviewed - Outcome not as expected!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well we reviewed my husbands scans yesterday after 2 year ritux maintenance therapy and the tumour in his abdomen had gone! but a new one around his right kidney had appeared!!! whats that all about?????? Nobody knows what to do about this and the Doctor is going to discuss these findings at a case meeting next week to pull other doctors brains.  This is all a bit unnerving to me someone taking control would be nice.