jenham's blog

• Does stop mean stop.........or just carry on?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi All,

Don't often blog as I am miserable most of the time- just really hate the treatment but today I am feeling very cross. I went having decided to give up on the portacath which is excruciatingly painful and doesn't do blood anyway and to have a cannula in my arm. That was OK but they couldn't get any blood. They do the blood test before chemo and I wait about 20mins for the OK to do chemo. The nurse said she would…

• Fed up about chemo failure

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everybody,

My 2nd line chemo has failed to work and my lung mets have grown. I feel like I've wasted 3 months on this horrible chemo with a painful port. I also feel I wasted the 3 months before that doing "wait and see". The previous chemo didn't shrink anything either so "wait and see" was to discover if the lung mets really are cancer although I had been told they were. I can go on to a new chemo, …

• port versus hickman line or picc

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have a port a cath which is so painful to use I can't go on with it. I refused a hickman line as I didn't want the tubes hanging out but I wonder if that would be better for me. I don't think I could do  PICC as I have to be put out for any procedues and I read that this is done awake. Any info greatly received. Thanks Jen XX

• Port a cath didn't work again!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everybody,

I had my chemo no. 5 today and it is the 3rd time I have used the port. It is still very painful to use (even the nurse cried today because she saw how much it hurt) and as usual it would not give them any blood. They said I should have a lineogram (x ray) to check why it doesn't. I am allergic to the contrast they use for ct scans so they said I can't have the x ray as they use the same stuff. Now the…

• Does anybody know about RFA and ports?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know whether a port a cath has to be removed before RFA can be done on the lungs? I've asked at the hospital but the surgeon doesn't know and the onco is away

Any info will be appreciated.

Jen