jenham's blog

• Port a cath questions

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Everybody,

I have (had) bowel cancer with liver and lung mets. I had a combined liver and bowel op last year. now I am trying to deal with the lung mets which didn't go with the chemo. I'm having a different chemo and the onc suggested a port a cath as my veins never were good and are quite bad now.

I hate hospitals so much that they have to be warned that I am coming and shut all the doors and get things…

• lung mets

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Has anyone had treatment for lung secondaries?  I've had successful treatment (surgery) for bowel cancer and liver mets but the chemo seems to have been ineffective on the lung mets.  Oncologist wants to wait 3 months to see what happens but I am already worrying about what happens next in the way of treatment as I am scared. Would appreciate any answers. Thanks

• 2 ops in one

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I just had a bowel resection and a liver resection done together. I was originally told this was unusual but could be posssible and I am so glad it was possible for me. I just wonder if anyone else has had this done together or how unusual it is. I don't have a problem just curious. Jen XX
  • Which chemo for bowel cancer?

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Most people with bowel cancer seem to be having xeloda and capecitabine. I've just had 4 cycles of that which did not work very well and I guess I will be given a different regime. Does anyone have experience of anything else and can tell me about it? i know everyone's experiences of chemo are different but any info would be good.
  • Time between chemo and surgery?

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi, does anyone know how long after chemo surgery can happen? I really need to know as I am working all through the chemo but when it finishes I am due a scan and then bowel surgery. I am trying to organise not only my work but maybe a little holiday and my life generally. Any info gratefully received. Thanks Jen X