I need to get it out

• Damn Mask

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Given the fact that 1-2% possibility of late onset blindness WHY WHY WHY is it that luck has it that the mask (?) is making K have a fuzzy eye for about 3/4 of an hour after it is removed.

Give us a break please!!!!!!!!

Do I need to be positive on here?????

Can't say more just now

I wonder if this blog is a good thing to do

• First RT today

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ken had his first RT today.

A big talk with the big cheeses before helped him feel better. The fact that the surgeon will make sure that he will be able to breath through his nose somewhere at the end of this was a relief to him.

We were assured that nobody at Mount Vernon had lost their sight through this RT so that is a good thought.

The mask rested on his right eye too much so he had blurry vision afterwards so…

• Forgotten what day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The radio therapy starts tomorrow. The last few days have been as bad as can be as we had it confirmed that with the rt being where it is there is a 2-1% chance of late onset blindness.

WOW !! that means a 98% chance of it not happening !! 

Nasal cancer is very rare and he got that. I know I shouldn't say these things but what is this page for if I can't put it down.

That scary feeling in my stomach and I'm…

• Day 2 of a blog that I never imagined I would ever do, even before all this started.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

We went to the head and neck cancer support meeting last night and found a precious soul, Mike, who has been through it his self 3/4 years ago. It is sooo lucky we found him after our last encounter and not the other way around but maybe it was meant to be, to let us realise that we may have rough times ahead how ever much we try to kid ourselves that we will sail through it.

The tiny tiny hole that K has in his right…

• This is the first day of the rest of my life

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In my ignorance I thought it would be a good idea to get someone to talk to my husband about how they had got over their RT and got on with their life. How wrong could I have been. He and his wife came over and - as if we weren't scared enough - they have made us so bad. I have been doing quite well but even I have a "hurt" between my ribs now and as for my dear sweet sensitive husband... he says he can't go through it…