I miss you

• Gran...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I don't know when I last wrote to you or when I last really spoke about you. I apologize, I don't mean to forget you. 

I used to count the days since you left this World, since you left me. I don't anymore. I still remember though - the dates, conversations, what we wore, the weather. 

On the 13th of October, we drove from Nottingham to Halifax to see you. I knew you weren't well, Grandad kept telling us.…

• It's me, again..

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey there Gran,

I just wanted to talk to you. It's been over a year since you left and I still feel empty inside. A part of me died with you. I miss you, so much. I have spoken to Granddad quite a lot lately. I know he is sad that you're gone too. He misses you, I am sure of it. My daughter is growing up fast, I am sure you already know. I am sure you visit sometimes. I am proud that she says 'please'. I will make sure…

• Yesterday

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yesterday would have been your 77th birthday. It was also Remembrance Sunday.

Happy Birthday Grandma. I love you, always.

P.S. Thank you for being there on my Wedding Day. x

• Just shocked

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I cannot believe it is nearly 1 year.. it's creeping closer. The dates leading up to you leaving, they're here. I miss you, of course I do. I am sad that you won't see me get married in 3 weeks. I love you though. You will be there with us, just not in person. 

• Poem for you

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'll spend my life regretting, the things we could of done.

I know I feel so lonely, yet I'm not the only one.

I carry the pain inside me, the part of you not here. 

I was hoping one day that part would heal.

I cannot hide my pain anymore, or seem to let you go.

I cannot seem to function right, without you anymore. 

A part of me died with you, it will never be the same.

But one thing that's true is my love will…