I dont know how to feel.........

• Got a call today........

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It was my last day at work before xmas. Things were chugging a long nicely when I got the call.............dad is very poorly dr has advised family are contacted.

My blood ran cold, then I went on to auto pilot, sorting things out getting cover at work, sorting out childcare. I was panicking that i wouldn't get to him on time. Bless him he's not giving in. He's been asleep all day but just after 10 tonight he started…

• Nothing more they can do?!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dad's been taken off his Tarveca today and has been told there's nothng else they can try. It's just a case of keeping him comfortable now. It's hard for me to hear, but even harder is seeing dad so down. It's like he's starting to give up. I'm not ready to lose him yet. I wish there was something I could do!

It sounds silly but he wants a monitor for home to be able to keep an eye on his…

• Dads back in hospital - so many questions!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well dad had the dr out yesterday as his breathing was really bad, the dr called an ambulance to take him in and said he would probably need another chest drain. He's still on EAU but has had an x-ray and they have told him they won't be draining it but not why? Is that normal? I guess we'll know more when he's seen a dr - hopefully tomorrow morning. He looks so tired and his breathing is bad even though he's been in…

• So frustrating!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, my dad seems to be doing ok with his new tablets. Had a few days of sickness but seems to have settled.

Frustration this time is on my part. He was on his own this weekend and there's nothing more I would have liked than to be there for him. Look after him and take the pressure off..............but again when he needs me I get ill!

It happened before when he was in hospital, I had a viral infection which…

• Dads lung cancer has spread

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My dad was diagnosed with lung in May after going to the doctors with a cough! It was such a shock, and for it to be lung cancer. He did smoke but not for the the last 28 years and he's a keen cyclist so you would think his lungs would be healthy - maybe thtas just me being ignorant?!

Anyway, he's had loads going on since then. He started chemo straight away but that didn't work, then he had fluid on his lungs which…