greybadger's blog

• remission

FormerMember
    FormerMember

At last - the relief of knowing that I have beaten the devil again for the time being.  My last treatment on Monday then freedom to enjoy my retirement for a while (hopefully a long while!).  My GP was so pleased yesterday when I saw her, and the new oncologist I saw today really enjoyed telling us the very very good news- the ca 125  is down to  19 and the scan was clear, (and that was after 4 treatments)  Here's hoping it…

• how very lax of me

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've just realised how long ago it was I posted on my blog.  Locovan will have words with me....

My life has carried on with 3 weekly treatments, so about  7 days between  after recovering from one before getting bloods done for the next.  My oncologist can't believe how quickly I have responded, so the cancer not only grows quick, it gets rid of it quick!.  I am hopeful that after next week (treatment 6) I will be…

• What a relief!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

After dreading the news, I am glad to say my oncologist was happy with me today - my count has gone from 1032, to 734 to 199 after 2 sessions of the new chemo drug.  Considering how bad I was in Feb I can' t really believe my luck, and how well I feel.  I will still need the 6 sessions at least, but provided I don';t have any reactions things look positive again.  My 2 sons came with me and they were over the moon…

• family gathering

FormerMember
    FormerMember

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend in Dorset. My Ovarian cancer is back on the rampage again, and my one wish was to get my family united together  under one roof so the grandchildren could get to know each other, on "Grandmas holiday".  (One son lives in the states and always has to do the rounds when they come home).  It was everything I could have hoped for, even if I didn't have the energy to join…

• treatment

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today we were back at the hospital and it's all sorted and agreed, I now need treating with Cisplatin as my cancer is growing so fast, and I am uncomfortable with the pressure I am getting.

All sounds fine, what's the problem?  The day unit have no spaces in the whole of next week to fit me in!!  Anybody got any idea where I go from here?  I was hoping that I would be 'done' on Monday  and the pain might…