greybadger's blog

• what do we do for the best?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm feeling really sorry for myself and down in the dumps this week.  Must be christmas, and the weather.

I feel guilty as I haven't been doing anything, but I get tummy pains when I stand too long, but would it improved if  I made myself do more?  Should I make myself go for a walk, or take more excercise?

We had a busy week before Christmas with the grandchildren down and since then, apart from going out to lunch…

• another experience over

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well at least the doctor doing the utrasound knew what he was doing today!  I am now convinced that when I had one in Feb (after 48 hours as an inpatient for speed!) that they guy doing it wasn't interested.  My signs and symptons are exactly the same, and he sent me out saying I was wasting  his time, but as it was a new experience for me I couldn't argue.  Today was so different, and the doctors and nurses so considerate…

• the good bad news...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all,

Well, now we know the worst.  My cancer is back again, but thankfully still not spread anywhere else.  The doctor at last showed an interest and agreed that I needed some more treatment, but it was up to me when.  Considering my breathing is very difficult when I move around I felt sooner rather than later was a good idea, and when he said it would probably be after Christmas anyway, by the time they could get me…

• the phone call!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Here we go again,back on the cycle.  Had appointment arrive on  Monday to see the consultant after my CT scan, (which was booked as an emergency for Tuesday evening after my 125 result of 785) -  the appointment is Jan 10th!!  The clinic meets on Monday, and allowing 2 weeks for the official scan results to come through that is the next available Monday..........

The oncology team meeting  is Friday morning, so I have just…

• the roundabout begins..... keeping busy

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all,

Well I 've got my CT scan appointement for next Tuesday, and I'm told the appointment for my oncologist for Friday 10th is on the way, so will they do anything before Christmas?

I'm trying to keep myself as busy as I can, out for lunch tomorrow (today's got cancelled!) then a christmas concert in the evening,  reflexology tomorrow morning and friend to lunch, and we are away in our motorhome…