greybadger's blog

• Problems?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, I went to the oncologist on Thursday to check all was ok for treatment on Monday.  My count had gone down a lot, so he was well pleased. After discussions about my breathlessness, and the way I was feeling he seemed a bit more concerened, and when I told him my GP had suggested a chest x-ray he told me to have it done.  My CT scan request from last month seemed to have got lost in the ether (I know it had been requested…

• A reason for geting over this hicccup.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, another weekend is over, and we are in the week of blood tests and hospital visit to see if the treatment no 3 is ok for next week.  I know this treatment is supposed to be milder doses, and the first week, apart from feeling tired I am ok, but now I start having niggles and to feel that the chemo is wearing off and not doing me a lot of good.  My hair has fallen out(or most of it).  My nurse was supposed to be sorting…

• a busy weekend

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have been trying to keep myself busy, despite feeling so breathelss and tiring easily.  Thursday saw us at the hospital, and my count is down slightly, so a week of treatment again this week.  I decided that as the family have been too busy to come down to us we would go and see them all this weekend.  I knew my daughter was partying Saturday night, so offered to babysit, and my grandaughters were so pleased, it was wonderful…

• well, the first session is done...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The week is now over, and after 300 miles and £7.50 in parking charges, (not to mention the loss of income for my husband), I'm glad to say I can feel, and others can see the difference in the size of my tummy.  I was obviously building up fluid again, and after 3 days it had gone down sufficiently for me to get into my ordinary sized jeans, instead of baggy trackies.  It makes you feel better if you can put on…

• making the most of time

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, I was right and chemo begins again on Monday, with another different drug, which means the hospital every day for 5 days, which would be ok if it wasn't 25 miles each way!  then 2 weeks off.  CT scan after 3 treatments, to see what is happening, which means book it after 2 so they can see me before 4!  I'm really getting the hang of this now.  We went to see the oncologist on Thursday then came away to see friends…