Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM4) Brain Cancer 1

• March 2020

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Second round of chemotherapy and up to the 100% dose of 400mg temozolomide alongside the 3rd round of immunotherapy at the start of the month. Bloods came back all good and rash and itching have cleared up so treatment went ahead as planned. Annoyingly the cannula caused issues on this round of immunotherapy, first one went in and couldn’t get any blood and the 2nd one had to be wriggled in. On top of that when…

• February 2020

FormerMember
    FormerMember

2nd immunotherapy infusion and 1st round of 6 months 5/28 temolozomide chemotherapy postponed a week due to a cold. Little children are walking viral incubators!

Got through the 1st round of chemotherapy ok, all I can say is that it was like being on a weeklong clubbing bender, where each day you feel worse but still go again, I had no sickness at least and was able to keep on eating.

Unfortunately, this time I’ve suffered…

• January 2020

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Radiotherapy finished New Years Eve as planned, in the first few weeks of January other than an increase in swelling (which felt like my head was rather full, similar to suffering with a bad bout of hay fever) generally coped ok with the end of the treatment. Did also require an afternoon nap most days to get through to the evening though.

Signed up to and was accepted onto an Immunotherapy trial and had my first dose…

• December 2019

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In the 3rd week of radiotherapy I come down with a cold which made it a tough week to endure and then in the 4th week most of my hair fell out literally in one wash. I expected it to slowly come out and thin but wasn’t quite expecting how rapidly I went from a full head of hair to friar tuck look! Shaved the rest of my head (which apparently, I wasn’t meant to do as it can affect the fitting of the radiotherapy mask …

• November 2019

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Start of November I had a follow up scan and it showed very little growth since the surgery. My scar had healed well and I was fine to begin a 5 days a week, 6-week course of intensive radio/chemotherapy. 1st week was scheduled in the middle of November which would take me up to New Years Eve. Due to my age and health I would be getting the highest and longest course available.

Went into Guy’s Hospital to have my Radiotherapy…