Diary of a nobody

• Lost but not forgotten

FormerMember
    FormerMember

One thing you do not get told and is not featured in any booklets you are given when you are diagnosed with cancer is that you will meet wonderful people who wont make it.

I don't think I will ever get used to that.

Sometimes you might only speak to these people via the internet, over the phone or if you are lucky enough face to face but no matter how the relationship is forged you have met  a new friend. 

Since…

• Light at the end of the tunnel.......................

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It has been a difficult few months since the ileostomy reversal but over the last 2 weeks things have started to improve slightly......hurray!!!

I took some antibiotics that my gynae consultant gave me as he advised that radiotherapy can kill a lot of the good bacteria in your bowel and make some nasty stuff grow. During the treatment I felt like I had gone back to square one but once the treatment finished I have to…

• Down but not out!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well it has been 6 weeks (yesterday) since I had my ileostomy reversed and currently there is not much change.

Throughout the whole of this cancer experience I have NEVER felt as low or sad as I have at times during this 6 weeks. My poor husband has had to put up with floods of frustrated tears and I have felt really low. Luckily these sessions don't last long but when they are happening it is horrible.

As a rule…

• It will soon be another anniversary......

FormerMember
    FormerMember

2 weeks ago today I was back in the operating theatre having an ileostomy reversal.

The decision to have this done was one of the hardest decisions that I have ever had to make. Strange most people think, that decision should have been a non brainer but that bag began to feel like part of me and in an odd way I was attached to it as it symbolised one of the very reasons that I received an all clear and am still here…

• Life interrupted

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well it has been a while since I have put a blog post on here mainly due to the interruption that was cervical cancer becoming less of an interruption and allowing my life to start to return back to normal (ish).

People always say that a cancer diagnosis changed them and after my first set of treatment I did not understand it. I never felt anything other than relieved that the treatment was over, exhausted and convinced…