David's cancer story

• CT Scan

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So David had his CT Scan on Wednesday and they asked us to wait while a doctor had a look at them. We then had to see the doctor who said that the CT scan showed blood clots on David's lungs and he needs to have Heperin injections daily for the rest of his life, which I have to administer.

We will get the results of the rest of the scan at our oncology appointment on Monday.

Generally, David is feeling more tired…

• Oncologist appoitment today

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am complety baffled about our oncology appointment today. Three weeks ago I said to David I don't think we need it and suggested we cancelled it, he said we should keep it as they may be give us some further information. This morning David said I guess the appointment this afternoon will be a waste of time, I told him I said that three weeks ago.

Anyway we went expecting them to say we won't need to see you anymore…

• Update + washing machine

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So we had our meeting with the macmillian nurse, don't get me wrong, I am sure when the time comes they will be quite helpful. However she introduced herself and asked what we needed. Will I don't know, I thought they would assess David and tell us what they had to offer. Anyway she arranged a physio / ocupational health assessment for David (he was on 2mg of the dex steriods - see below) and I found the OH person…

• Casulty - the TV programme

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Did anyone see last Saturdays episode of Casulty?

Sorry, due to my husbands inability to not fiddle, I have just watched it on iplayer to catch up before tonights episode. I paused the tele while I put the kids to bed and rather than leaving the remote control he picked it up and cancelled the delay. Apparently he was just trying to help!

There was a woman who had fallen asleep on the bus on her way home from shopping…

• Treading water

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I feel like we are just treading water now.

I can't make plans for anything more than a couple of weeks ahead, because I don't know if we would be able to carry them out. Our daughter is singing with something for school and we need to buy tickets, do I or don't I get tickets. How quickly will David deteriate.

David thinks we should get a starlift, but I don't know if we would get the use out of it.