Confessions of a West Country Maggot Drowner

• Unexpected item in bagging area, so off to A&E

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone,

I haven't been ignoring my Mac friends, I had an unscheduled stay in hospital and it goes like this.....

Thursday last week was spent mostly in a car travelling to and from a funeral in Manchester. Not long after I got home I had what I thought was a little indigestion and took a couple of tablets. Off I went to bed only to wake up after midnight with more severe stomach pains, and eventually rang emergency…

• I think I may need to stand in something.....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Howdy,

Here I am 2 weeks on still waiting for my CT scan results, I have rung the hospital but they just say I am not a priority and don't panic. I'm not panicking, I just want to know!

Last week I had the pleasure of some sort of virus which is still kicking around. I got back in work Tuesday (after a little bit of fishing Monday with a mate to cheer me up, it did) to find out that one of my work colleagues…

• Sometimes it gets hard

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Not put my own blog up for a long time as I haven't felt as I had anything to say about myself worthwhile, so have contributed on others.

I try to say positive and happy about things, but sometimes it gets hard, and for once there is no joke or double entendre intended. Just sometimes cancer seems to have the habit of being able to break open a little bit of my defence shield, and it is doing that right now, bastard…

• Clucker and baggy's adventures in Munich.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Monday lunchtime and leaving the house with much more luggage than I used to take on a business trip. Lots of extra clothes and my little blue bag full of ileostomy products, and of course work stuff and passport. Somehow I took all I needed.....but only just.

I got through Heathrow security easier than ever, I was almost hoping for a "beep" and a body search and explaining what the lump was. I was trying to remember…

• Charity Ball for Loons

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The Charity Ball is on.

I must confess to having had nothing to do with the organisation of the ball thus far, it is all being done by a friend of mine (who had testicular cancer) and his wife, but they asked if I would like to have a charity supported at the event. So today I have found out the details (it's not cheap but then it is for charity.)

Sat 11th February. It will support two charities Orchid (cancer in…