Confessions of a West Country Maggot Drowner

• Reverse, Reverse. (cha cha real slow)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Back to the now well trodden corridors of the hospital and it was nice to see my consultant in plain clothes for a change (rather than latex gloves etc....).

He's a very nice chap and we get on well cos he likes beer and football, but NHS deadlines prevent us from getting into much more than a couple of lines of chit chat, today was just comparing injuries. Anyway today's appointment was a bit of mystery to me and so…

• I should have stayed at home!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I picked up a cold last Tuesday which then seemed to turn into "Man Flu" and despite feeling not so good I battled on and went to work. That seemed like a bad choice when I lost my rag with my boss over him asking 3 people to do the asme job, but luckily he missed the worst of my rant. I felt better Thursday afternoon and thought yeah the cold is going, wrong Friday it came back worse.

I hadn't planned to go…

• Open Letter to the Chief Executive, Macmillan, Mr Ciarán Devane.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well first, thank to you and to your organisation providing such a great facility to those suffering with Cancer. The effect of finding genuine information, help with benefits, guides and even legal matters cannot be over estimated in what can be the lowest point in someone’s life, being told you or a loved one has cancer. Your organisation maybe the turning point for many, we find out that Cancer is not an immediate…

• 80's fan has a Pre-op

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well had a visit to the hospital this week, just a simple pre-operative assessment that last time took 90 mins. As usual my arrival lowered the average age of the persons in the room. There was a delay in my being seen ("never" I hear you say)  and I got chatting to an older lady and her son in the waiting room. She said to me "would you believe I had a heart attack recently and it saved my life!" ummm not really…

• Whoops I did it again!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The title is not a reference to the Britney Spears single (though I did like her in that video for Toxic when she wore virtually nowt) it is because I am blogging again and, well you'll see!

So Thurs night was all about getting the broken dishwasher out of the kitchen ready for tomorrow's new arrival. Now W had said to me "pay the extra money so they (Comet) take it all out and fit the new one", no way I can do it…