Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Being bodies - Sophie, body confidence and her double mastectomy

"The newer me is strong, resilient and fierce" written over a picture of Sophie at Table Mountain in South Africa.

Our new series “Being bodies” aims to explore our relationships with our bodies, from head to toe and everything in between. We recently featured Sophie’s story, where she talked about her experience being diagnosed with the BRCA2 gene mutation at 24 years old. Today, she’s here to talk about how having a double mastectomy changed how she felt about her body, for the better.

A bit about me... I…

• Planned Online Community Maintenance - Thursday 28th of April, 4am onwards

Hi everyone,

Due to some planned maintenance, the Online Community will enter a read-only mode for 4-8 hours, beginning this Thursday at 4:00am. It may last until midday but has been planned at this time to provide minimal disruption to our members.

This means that you will not be able to log in, post or reply on the Online Community during this time. You will still be able to read posts and blogs on the site.

If you feel…

• Cancer & me 35 years on - Vol 11 Good news, bad news

Cancer & me 35 years Vol 11 written next to a sketched portrait of Paul by Willo.

We are back today with the next instalment of Willo’s blog series ‘Cancer & me 35 years on’. Willo is a member of our Community who was diagnosed with Anal cancer in 1986 while living in Zambia and has been sharing her experience of life post diagnosis, as well as her amazing artwork, in her blog series with us since last summer.

So far Willo has covered her experience of moving back to England for…