Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Cancer and the menopause - looking back on Menopause Awareness Month on the Online Community

Looking back on October, Menopause Awareness Month, we will be highlighting conversations from across the Community related to menopause and cancer.

Members have been discussing menopausal symptoms related to their cancer treatment. Some members might be experiencing an early menopause due to their cancer treatment, or coping with a natural menopause whilst living with cancer. Members also discussed coping with menopause…

• Information overload? We're here to help

Trusted information from day one

When you or your loved one is diagnosed with cancer, it can feel like the whole world has turned upside down. You may feel upset, angry, sad, worried or simply numb.

“Still trying to take it all in! As I had been expecting to be told I had kidney stones.” Community member, Bladder cancer forum

“I was told I had bowel cancer and my world fell apart.” …

• Hospice and respite care

There are often members of the Community sharing personal experiences with accessing supportive care from a hospice. Getting support from a hospice may not be something you have considered before as a lot of people think it's only end of life care that is provided. Hospices are there to help those with a terminal illness or life limiting condition and this blog is sharing some useful information about hospice and respite…