Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Being bodies: vaginal dryness

Vaginal dryness affects lots of people, for many different reasons. Some cancer treatments can cause vaginal dryness. Vaginal dryness can also be a symptom of the menopause that some people may experience. Your body and how you feel about sex can also be affected by how you are doing emotionally. For some people, it can feel difficult to seek the right help. This could be because you feel embarrassed or ashamed, or not listened…

• Being bodies - breast cancer and wearing a breast prosthesis

Breast cancer and wearing a prosthetic written over a picture of a lake at sunset, with mountains in the background.

Sapphie, also known on the Online Community as , was diagnosed with breast cancer at just 32. Sapphie talks us through their experience trying several different types of prosthetics following their breast cancer surgery in the 1990s, and how humour has helped them and their family over the years.

I was diagnosed when I was 32 years old, after finding a lump and being told by a consultant I was too young to have breast cancer…

• Here's to our Champions this Volunteers' week!

"Here's to you this volunteers' week!" written in green and purple with lots of multicoloured confetti coming down from the top of the image..

The 1st – 7th of June 2021 marks Volunteers week here at Macmillan. This is a week dedicated to saying a huge thank you to all of our volunteers who dedicate their time to supporting people affected by cancer. Here on the Community team we wanted to dedicate today’s Community news blog to our very own group of fantastic volunteers, our ‘Community Champions!’

If you’re new to the site, you might…