Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• "Frozen grapes are the bomb..." - Struggling to cope with the heat? Here's some help...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Coping with heat..." written in white next to a picture of a melting ice cream cone with a chocolate flake

So, I think everyone’s aware it’s a little hot here in the UK right now – temperatures in are expected to reach 38 degrees in eastern England tomorrow…38! I thought I’d go ahead and ask our Support Line Service teams here in West Yorkshire to share with you, our Community, their tips on staying cool and coping with the heat… 

“I put my pillow cases in the freezer a few hours before…

• New Beginnings

As we find ourselves somehow in 2022, people affected by cancer have been through an awful lot in the last few years. The coronavirus pandemic continues to change peoples’ plans and of course has impacted the health and freedom of many.

After such difficult times throughout the last few years, finding fresh energy for the new year and hope for the future is arguably harder than ever. 

"I am trying to put it all into…

• Thank you for taking part in the Online Community Festive Quiz - the results are in!

Thank you to everyone who took part in the Online Community Festive Quiz. 

The results and answers are now in...

We're delighted to announce that the Online Community won! Every correct answer received the highest number of votes, with an average of 68% of correct answers across all ten questions. How did you do? You can see detailed results and quiz answers below.

A massive well done to you all, shall we make it even…