Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Cancer and travel insurance - finding help from the Community

As travel restrictions lift, lots of people are booking holidays, or re-booking trips cancelled due to the pandemic.

When you have cancer, or have had cancer, it can be more difficult to find the right travel insurance policy. Providers usually require you to disclose details of pre-existing medical conditions and some might need additional information about your medical history. With so many travel insurance compa…

• Returning to work after cancer treatment

Are you worried about returning to work after or during a cancer experience? Polly, one of our Work support advisers, is here to help. In today’s blog, Polly is going to talk about making the decision to go back to work after a cancer diagnosis or treatment, what to consider and how you can get help from your employer.

If you have any questions around the information in our blog today, please remember that Polly…

• “I’m fine”: how do you really cope as a carer?

Community member and Macmillan volunteer Wee Me has been through a lot since her husband was diagnosed with a brain tumour in August 2020. Along the way, she has learned a lot about her own resilience and looking after her wellbeing. You might have read Wee Me’s story in her recent guest blog, “Caring for a partner with a brain tumour.” Today,  Wee Me is talking about the coping strategies that work for…