Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Fixes and issues - an update for members, September 2020

Hi everyone,

We want to say a huge thank you for your continued feedback and your patience since we upgraded the Community.

We have been escalating all issues that have been reported and we are listening to all of the feedback we’re receiving. It has been really helpful for us to understand how you feel the site is working and what we can do to improve.

We know the Community is a lifeline for many of our members…

• 'Please don't' - by Cordelia

“‘Please Don’t …’ By Cordelia” Written over an aerial photo of a snowy path through a forest.

Cordelia, our guest blogger from earlier this week, is back today with a poem she wrote about coping with people’s comments around her breast cancer diagnosis. Want to catch up on Cordelia’s previous blog? Click here to read her story.

Please don’t…

Please don’t tell me how I should feel

Or what I should think about having breast cancer;

How I should be ‘over it’ by now;

• Welcome to the world of Work Support: new blog on the Community

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Being diagnosed with cancer is one of the most difficult situations anyone has to face. It can affect all areas of your life, including work.

About 750,000 people are working with cancer in the UK. These numbers are increasing as more people with cancer are cured or living with cancer for longer.

Some people carry on working during treatment. After treatment, most people want to go back to work when they feel ready and…