The moment of a cancer diagnosis can feel like stepping into uncharted territory, bombarded with unfamiliar terms and overwhelming emotions. As we approached the end of 2023, we posed some questions to the Online Community, inviting members to reflect on the day of their diagnosis.
“If you could go back and speak to yourself at the time of diagnosis:
- What words of comfort, advice or encouragement would you offer?
- What lessons have you learnt that you wish you knew from the start?
- What wisdom or guidance would have made a difference?”
Community members replied with some profound insights and reflections. Here are snippets from some of the members’ responses.
Reflections from the Online Community
We’d love to hear from you
If you would like to take a moment to add to the discussion, feel free to post your reflections or thoughts in the comments below. Your shared experience and insights can offer invaluable support and encouragement to those who might be at the beginning of their cancer journey.
- Just been diagnosed? Information and further support if you have recently received a cancer diagnosis.
- Questions about your diagnosis and cancer treatment. These questions could help you understand your options and make decisions.
You are not alone
If you are struggling today and in need of support, it's important to remember that you don’t have to go through this alone. Someone at Macmillan would love to chat with you. Our support team are available 7 days a week, 8am-8pm on freephone 0808 808 00 00, email or live webchat.