Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Cybersecurity: Staying safe on the Community and beyond

Ever since we may have seen more of our daily lives online, it may be helpful to know some handy information that may keep you safe whilst browsing the Community and other sites. Come and read how you can try and stay safe online.
  • Sharing comfort tips with the Community - what's on your wish list?

What would you put on your comfort wish-list if you were to share it today? You might be looking for something to help with side effects of chemo or other cancer treatment. You could be looking for the best gift to let someone know you’re thinking about them when they’re having a difficult time with cancer. Or perhaps you just need some new ideas when prioritising self-care.
  • Movember - "I think it was being able to tell her how I was feeling ... that gave me great comfort."

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It’s November, which also means it’s Movember – that time of the year when gents all over the world commit to growing luxurious and stylish upper lip ‘jackets’ (or ‘moustaches’) to raise awareness and funds for various men’s health issues.

We’re lucky enough this month to have Rob, one of our wonderful Online Community members, share his experience with prostate cancer,…