Can I help you? can you help me?

• thoughts have turned to returning to work - but for some reason I am indecisive....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I think i ought to return to work.  chemo is done and each day is surely a day when the chemo is less in my body?

but i am reluctant.  i havent worked in the office since i did a couple of half weeks at the end of April, before my 2nd op. i have worked from home a bit since then - until the docetaxil put paid to that!

I was, no I am, an office and facilities manager and was damn good at my job too! but will i be now? 

• Maybe the doctor was right about the emotional stuff - how do i get cancer to stop playing mind games with me?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So here I am, chemo done, radiotherapy due Nov/Dec, Herceptin only for a while and oncologist talking in preventative measures and we think surgery got it all terms.  so i should be ecstatic! except that i am only now thinking 'oh my goodness I had cancer, me, cancer' it is starting to play on my mind.

when i saw my GP for a fit to work at my pace note back in March she said she would be happy to sign me right…

• in hospital for 11 days and now dont know what was wrong but out now! yah!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

On Monday 17 Sept I ran a temp, was admitted to a ward in the cancer centre and was told theyd need to keep me for a couple of days while they hunted down what was wrong.  they ruled out chest infection, urine infection and every other infection.... took loads of bloods then as i refused canulation meant they had to investigate why my port had never given blood and was now refusing to take meds/saline.

problem solved…

• Chemo - I hate you almost as much as i hate cancer... almost...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I know chemo is my friend but today i still have that disgusting taste in my mouth, i've had to drop the painkillers as I reacted badly, I still have stomach ache and now nausea.  My mouth is getting better but the same cold sores are visiting again. and sleep is apparently visiting someone else!

we had a new boiler installed yesterday and after a nights work my poor husband is downstairs washing dust from everything…

• Not so bad this time round! Take heart...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Its now day 7 after my 5th chemo (Docetaxel) and i am so encouraged its better than the last one where I literally wanted to die!

The limb pain is there but being numbed by painkillers, the mouth is just starting to get sore, and the numbness in my toes isnt scary once you know it wont last.  feeling down is still a bugger because trying to hang onto perspective is hard!

Also if one more person says 'hey you look fantastic…