BronB's Lump in the Neck

• Six months since my surgery (before I even knew it was cancer!)

So, I have switched back to this blog from the one which focussed on Radiotherapy and it's immediate effects. I cannot believe it has been 6 months since my expected to be benign lump was removed - 2nd January 2014 - I remember it well, or at least the build up to it anyway.

Such a life altering operation!

During those six months I have completed Radiotherapy treatment, recovered from that, encountered 2 flare ups…

• 'Cancerhood' and Preparing for my treatment

I found out last Thursday that my 30 sessions of radiotherapy will start on Monday. The relief is tremendous. Feelings of excitement (which is a little bizarre, or alternatively I really don't understand my own emotions) .... Coupled with fear of how I might be affected both in the short-term and the longer term .... And also the implications for my family. It is a positive thing that is going to happen. I am going to…

• A bad week

So, this week I have started really struggling with my sleep. Things have started to progress with my radiotherapy ..... I have been to Northampton to meet the Radiotherapy Team, have had my mesh mask fitted and then another CT scan wearing the mask. Very Hannibal Lectur! When they were inserting the canular, they tried the same elbow where I had pain and problems for two weeks last time. Northampton couldn't get any…
  • Valentines Day - I shouldn't be feeling pissed off

So we eventually got to meet the Oncologist last night. We had already decided to move to radiotherapy for the next step .... So after a full overview of what to expect and the steps in the process we ended the meeting with me expecting a call today to arrange the mask fitting for early next week. The oncologist is not working next week .... In his own words he 'is the bottle neck'. The call was due to come from someone…
  • Happenings since last post

Well I have met with my ENT (mr gurr) twice and he is so nice - the perfect consultant! A friend told me about Andrew Sykes at Christie's in Manchester so we went to see him yesterday bit was a long drive which required lots of Eddie Stobart spotting (34 including a car transporter!). I also had to call heart FM to report the car on fire on the M6 causing tailbacks and the motorway to energy ally be closed - fortunately…