And another funny thing......

• Biggest laugh for weeks!

Last night I was kept awake ....something made me laugh for longer than I have in ages and it didn’t involve my story.

We were settling to sleep when lovely husband says ‘There’s something weird on my lower back, feels like a scab or something’

After much shuffling around he decided to get up and nip to check it out in the bathroom mirror. 

I was almost asleep when the bedroom light went on and…

• Watch where you are putting that needle!

5 weeks of radiotherapy started yesterday and today was first of 5 weekly doses of chemotherapy.

Each of these unknown new experiences is very daunting so I presented myself this morning with slightly wobbly legs.

As with all my experiences since this journey began, everyone I met was just lovely. The nurse who I was to spend most of the day with was great and explained everything she was about to do. She walked away…

• Could you say that a little louder please.....?

As part of the planning process for radiotherapy with a low weekly dose of chemo for added flavour I was back at hospital mid week for a further scan and a hearing test. This was because I already have tinnitus, which is not a problem, but treatment can cause tinnitus and so it was decided that a baseline test might be sensible.

So off to Audiology. My husband sat with me while I was waiting to be called. We both noticed…

• What a way to spend your birthday.....

Yesterday was my birthday.

Instead of the usual early morning singing down the phone from various family members which is the norm I was up very early for a planning CT scan. As the early morning traffic around the hospital ( not my local ) is notoriously bad we set off at silly o’clock.....and arrived an hour and a half too early! How do you judge these things?

Got in at appointed time only for the team to decide…

• Unfortunate phrase...!

During surgery I had groin lymph nodes removed from both the offending right side and left. Latest news is that nothing showing from left side but 3 out of 11 nodes showing signs on the right side.

Chatting to youngest daughter and saying it seemed a bit brutal to take left lymph nodes out.

Her comment? ‘ Honestly Mum, if they had to call you back later to remove the left nodes you’d be gutted!’

It took…