And another funny thing......

• I can see my feet - progress!

After my surgery I seem to still be quite bloated and swollen in the lower abdomen. I did have lymph nodes removed on both sides so this is to be expected. But this morning in the shower I suddenly realised when I looked down I could actually see my feet!

What a sense of achievement this has brought to my day - totally ridiculous! 

In other news - Macmillan Coffee Morning raised £210.30 which for a tiny village population…

• Organise a Macmillan Coffee Morning....and get everyone else to do the work!

I have for the last 12 years or so organised a Macmillan Coffee Morning in the village.

I had already got my kit and planned the event for this coming Friday.

Posters and invites went out, ads in the newsletter etc so it’s happening! Only problem is I can’t be there! Lovely husband is looking through his favourite cake recipes as I write and with the help of a friend mass production is about to start!

I shall…

• Yes it does hurt to laugh....

Well here I am.

Back at home after surgery and a slightly longer than expected hospital stay.

Due to holidays I was handed to another consultant therefore I was facing surgery with no prior meeting. I was anxious anyway but the night before surgery I had a call from the man himself! What a difference that made! Felt totally reassured about what was coming plus the man had a delightful sense of humour. 

No laughter on my…

• Am I taking too many painkillers?

I don’t normally remember my dreams.

Last night I was awake ( I thought) thinking all sorts when I heard a cat come up the stairs and into our room. It leapt up and sat on my head. I tried to shout out my husband’s name but try as I might nothing came out! My husband was woken by me screaming ‘cat’ very loudly in his ear - he was somewhat traumatised by this.I was apparently talking quite normally about hearing…

• Something funny keeps you going.... doesn’t it?

I have never written a blog before.

I don’t do social media.

I’ve not had cancer before my recent diagnosis.

So....according to eldest daughter who is seriously into blogging/writing/communicating with the world....now’s the time to start!

I have a sense of humour, sometimes wicked, sometimes just silly but to me laughter is an important part of life. And it’s the one thing I really don’t want to lose…