me, my cancer and I

• Hair Loss Week

FormerMember
    FormerMember

sounds like an episode of GBBO

at the weekend I lost the majority of hair from under my armpits, they are now smooth, think Nic is now jealous. 

Monday Nic goes to work and although I had been slowly thinning during ABVD I was probably at 80% of my usual hair volume. I had very thick hair and it had always been thinned out by the barber so to most people the difference was negligible and no doubt many would not have realised…

• The weekend / Hypochondria?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

well that was a disappointing weekend. Start with the rugby, hopes and dreams are all it was after all. not a good display from most of the players out there, inconsistent selection, not bringing our best players to the World Cup and no identity. What are we? Conservative or Expansive? Seem to play different dependent on which players are on the field, surely just pick a style pick the players to suit that style and then…

• BEACOPP day8+

FormerMember
    FormerMember

so, the first week relatively flew by and 2 more chemo drugs on day8 followed by home injections for 9-13.

so the usual parking nightmare, sit for 10 mins queueing for the smallest car park but on time for chemo. Issue putting cannula into hand and so second attempt done on inner fore arm. To think I was blacking out at the sight of a needle a few years ago, this has helped me get over one fear. All smooth from there…

• Day4-7 ups and downs

FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi,

so day 4-7 BEACOPP is done! Back to hospital in the morning for day 8 chemo. It has been surprisingly successful thus far, I am eating soo much getting a fourth meal everyday. always hungry.

i seem to be strong throughout the day with real desire to do stuff but then, some complete crashes where I fall asleep somewhat unexpectedly. Feel tired... But agitated.

some more interesting things from the weekend, what did…

• BECOPP day2,3 hospital time

FormerMember
    FormerMember

day 1 is done and I got some sleep...

Up around 6 and stomach has strange cramping feeling, not necessarily sick just my muscles tightening up. Food and drink, followed by morning meds and I seem to be back on track. As my Etoposide was at 7pm on day 1 not allowed to receive until 5pm so I now know that I won't be getting out until late afternoon fol day. 

a friend from the hospital pops in, followed by mum. So I spend…