me, my cancer and I

• Good news, Bad news, being a vampire

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Plets start with the all important good news, I received my PET scan results and "complete metabolic response" no signs of Hodgkin's. So what's happened since last time.

Well went for day 8 and things did not go completely smooth my blood results were back and hemoglobin was 80 on the edge. So they wanted to take more to see if a blood transfusion would be needed. Well cannula went and in and I could…

• Wedding plans

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Day8 of cycle 4 remaining and last cycle it was a killer could not move for 2 days and only felt 90% normal at the start of cycle 4. Feeling the impacts now getting tired more frequently, if spend time with people 2 hours and I am gone. Also due to lack of seeing people my throat dies from all the talking. Weird, but normal things...

so Pet scan booked for 17th and I get to start cycle 5 on 18th without results meaning…

• Limbo

FormerMember
    FormerMember

things have largely been going well. It's cycle 3 and just home injections left. Got clinic on Friday for authorisation to do cycle 4 and should be getting the interim PET scan booked...

this is what been waiting for, seems to have come around quick but at same point still weeks away. 

So more of the same... Have felt lucky with way my body has reacted so far to the various chemicals and my near hermit existence has…

• Needles

FormerMember
    FormerMember

cycle 2 BEACOPP almost done and coped a lot better than cycle 1. No major issues although the chemo drugs on day 8 definitely cause some bad gas issues (embarrassing) and having lost my hair down there also. Let's just say my body is not completely happy, who would have thought that my biggest complaint atm is something everybody could suffer with. I know one person who will enjoy reading about this ....

during this…

• Good Weekend

FormerMember
    FormerMember

beacopp day 7 cycle 2. Just the normal blood test ahead of chemo day 8 tomorrow.

sunday had tickets to watch Ireland v France at millennium stadium. took dad and a couple of uni friends, the original plan was for a lads weekend so had hostel booked 4 bed dorm at YHA. Early train, it is packed 90+% in green. get to the tunnel and then we get stuck, they need to detach and reattach the back 2 carriages (which we are on…