Recipes, tips and ideas

• Community News : "Summer is a time to eat lots of fresh, seasonal vegetables." - Dining with an Ostomate

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Dining with an ostomate: Courgette and mozzarella bake" written on a picture of a wooden countertop, with basil leaves

We’re well and truly into Summer now, and Debbie – our ‘Chef to the Ostomates’, is back to talk to us about her favourite fresh, seasonal vegetables, and also to share with us a rather delicious ‘Courgette and mozzarella bake'.

All of Debbie’s recipes are of course designed with Ostomates in mind, and in case you’d missed any of her recipes to date, you can find them all in our …

• Community News : Diet and cancer on the Community...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Diet and cancer written in white over a bowl of daisies and blueberries on a wooden countertop.

Who doesn’t love food? It’s a huge part of our lives – both in maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but also a social sense – catching up with family and friends, celebratory occasions etc. If you’re healthy, eating the right number of calories and nutrients might not be a problem. However, if you’re receiving treatment for cancer this can be a difficult thing to do – treatment might result in you feeling unwell and unable…

• Community News : "As an Ostomate, I am always looking for tasty recipes to add variety to my diet." - Dining with an Ostomate: Carrot and ginger soup

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Dinning with an Ostomate: Carrot and ginger soup" written on a picture of a chopping board

It’s time for another Dining with an Ostomate post. This week Debbie shares with us a TASTY AND SUPER SIMPLE ‘Carrot and ginger soup’ recipe. Here’s Debbie to tell us more about the benefits of carrots and ginger…

The benefits of carrot and ginger…

As an Ostomate, I am always looking for tasty recipes to add variety to my diet. With summer around the corner, although we’ll soon…

• Community News : Dining with an Ostomate - Chicken and squash gratin

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Dining with an ostomate" written over a blue background and a fork and spoon outlined in flour

It’s time for another Dining with an Ostomate post – this week Debbie shares with us a DELICIOUS AND SIMPLE ‘Chicken and squash gratin’ recipe. It features the immune boosting, vitamin and fibre-packed butternut squash; and chicken breasts for an added protein punch.

Enjoy…

Chicken and squash gratin

Serves 4, easily halved, and freezes well.

Ingredients

1 tbsp vegetable oil.
    1 onion, finely…

• Community News : Dining with an Ostomate - Butternut squash and sage risotto

FormerMember
    FormerMember

"Dining with an ostomate" written over a picture of a chopped butternut squash on a marble counter

Debbie, our resident ‘chef to the Ostomates’, is back this month with another tasty and nutritious recipe she’s been making following an ileostomy earlier this year. This week’s recipe is a tasty looking butternut squash and sage risotto.

“Squash is easily digested from early on as an Ostomate, and makes a nice change from carrot or parsnip!”

Debbie

The health benefits of butternut…

• Community News : Dining with an Ostomate - "...a quick and easy way to get food inside me, even when I might not have much appetite."

FormerMember
    FormerMember

'Dining with an Ostomate' written over red strawberries.

Earlier this month, Debbie, our resident ‘Ostomate chef’, shared with us a little about her struggles and how she’s coped with eating following an ileostomy earlier this year, and an extremely nutritious ‘Super Green Soup’ recipe. This week she’s back to talk about how she reintroduced fruit into her diet, and shares with us two rather tasty smoothie recipes.

Enjoy…

Reintroducing…