Three Good Things

• 769 replies
  • 78 subscribers

I thought that it would good for us to have a regular place to share the positive things, however small, in our lives. Whenever you all share positive tales, I know that I for one feel better, so I thought it might benefit others too. So, if you need a little reminder that joy can be found even on the darkest days, this is the place.

The rule is simply to list three good things that you have experienced, or will experience, today. The idea is to focus on the present rather than worrying about the future or dwelling on negative thoughts. If you are struggling through something hard remembering what you have that is good can really support you. Everyone is different, and there is no wrong answer, and nothing too insignificant to mention. Everything positive counts!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

What a lovely idea.

My 3 things for today

I live across the way from a little woods where I can let my beautiful jack Russel, pippa, run free. We went for a walk this morning and she chases birds and ducks (is that bad? She can't get them) and squirrels with her little stumpy rail wagging. 

I'm so lucky to live there because our last house was next to the motorway slip road

I have my beautiful daughter around to help me. Today I'm at the hospital with my husband and I can rely on my daughter to collect my youngest from school and bring him home instead of him being farmed out to friends.

Tonight I will be watching my youngest son in his nativity play. He is the narrator and has a massive part.

I know I should only have 3 but I haven't mentioned my middle son. He's 15 and not a day goes past without him making me laugh x 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Nice! Here goes. 

Walking in Knole Park with my husband who is off work today. It was so warm we saw a bumble bee flying as well as wrens, woodpeckers, jays, crows, a robin, green parakeets,  lots of deer and felt the sun on our faces. 

Singing carols at my younger daughter's school carol concert and hearing a solo from a girl I've known since her birth 14 years ago. Her family name is nightingale and she lived up to it. 

Looking at the photos of my older daughter from a party she attended last night. Her make up had been done by a professional and she looked incredible. 

Xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

My good things today are I have finally got my laptop working again.  The ME relapse I thought I was going into on Tuesday only lasted a day because today I feel a bit better.  And my 3rd good thing was a phone call from my daughter because my 4 year old granddaughter wanted to tell me tomorrow is her last day at school until the new year. I love her so much.

• You lovely ladies have cheered me so much, thank you for joining in.

Today:

I managed to heat up my own dinner by myself (without incident) in spite of neuropathy making me clumsy.

I did my make up even though I'm by myself today and catching a glimpse of my face looking less featureless was good! My new red lipstick was worth every penny. Tomorrow I will attempt liquid eyeliner...

I had a lovely chat with a dear friend who is getting married next year, and talked about lovely girly non cancer related things. It was wonderful.

• Lovely idea! 

Today I sat next to my christmas tree and could smell the pine, oranges and cinnamon. Brought back lots of childhood memories.

Spent 2 hours with my sister this morning catching up as we don't see each other enough. 

Thirdly spoke to my grandson on Facebook as I live in cornwall and he lives in Bournemouth. Only 5 months old so no conversation other then lots of smiles! 

Love susie xx

Susie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ledaka

19/12/15

Me and my friends took our 8 year old boys on a very muddy scavenger hunt. We had hot chocolate and gingerbread.  The boys had a great time

Had a lovely night out with my camping buddies who don't know my problems.  Had a good dance and I want to do the same next year so I need to beat this!

We have magic elves that come and visit us in December.  They get up to all sorts of mischief. Tonight my husband has organised the elves mischief so the are sat on the couch in the living room surrounded by empty beer cans and packets of crisps. 

First time in 4 years he has done anything with the elves

• What a lovely idea this is. 

I had a good day yesterday - did some cleaning which cheered me up and the house looks lovely now. Then I sat reading and enjoying the Christmas tree. 

I had lunch with my 16 year old son and he made me laugh. This doesn't happen often so I'll make sure I do take him away from his PS3 more often. He unloaded the car and put all the shopping away for me. 

We all went to watch my youngest (15) in her pantomime. She looked stunning. 

I think this is called counting your blessings - it is good for the psych. X

Never 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Never1

In sharp contrast I sat on the sofa with my inner slob and didn't do the housework or ironing and thoroughly enjoyed giving myself the time off. 

I went to a party and saw a whole bunch of people I rarely see. The host was knocked off his nine in a head on collision with a car for weeks ago and he was busy counting his blessings. 

Now I'm looking forward to the arrival of friends for a walk and lunch. 

Have a good y'all 

Xxx

• That's pretty much what I'm doing today Daloni! Going to Aunt's 90th birthday party and spending time with brothers and sisters, cousins etc. X

Never 

• Well the sun has been shining ,so we've been out walking along the coast this morning,so lovely to watch the waves rolling in  & a somewhat clear sky which makes a change.

Stopped off had a coffee with brandy in it  & watched the river flowing down towards the sea so relaxing!!

Now I am sitting in our garden room watching the birds in the garden I am sure that they think Spring is here.

Appreciate the small things in life.x