New to Group

• 1 reply
  • 85 subscribers

I am new to this group and am now 3 months post total hysterectomy after a shock diagnosis of endometrial cancer in June. I am all clear of cancer and required no further treatment but am now struggling with raging emotions and overwhelming moments of sadness. During the whole process I have been fine and really positive and went back to work 2 days a week after 8 weeks and don't u derstand why I am now struggling to cope. Has anyone got any tips to support me while I wait to start HRT ?

It's all been so weird to be told you have cancer when you don't even feel ill, it almost didn't feel real and now it's hit me quite hard.

DG

• Hello Dorothy Gwen,

Welcome to the Online Community and the Womb cancer group.

I am sorry to hear that you had a diagnosis of endometrial cancer in June but am pleased to hear that you are clear of cancer. 

I found having a diagnosis of cancer and then the treatments all a bit of a roller coaster ride. It was only when treatment finished that I had time to start processing it all. From being on here, it seems that this is not unusual. During the treatment you can be so focussed on what you need to do, that you can just be getting on with it and not have time to think.

If talking things through would help then please do give the Support Line a call. The number is below and they are really helpful on there. They would be able to listen if that is what would help but could also give you details of Macmillan counselling via BUPA and see if you can be referred. There may also be some support in your local area. 

There is a forum on here that might be helpful to have a look at- it's about people's experiences of life after cancer. 

(2) Life after cancer forum - Macmillan Online Community

If you click on my name my profile will come up but I will pop another link to a blog I wrote 1 year after treatment. These were my experiences. It was how I was feeling once treatment finished.

(+) Life One Year Later- Jane’s story - Macmillan Online Community

I hope this helps a bit. Having cancer and treatment is such a whirlwind and how you are feeling now is very normal for a lot of people. I hope the links may help a bit and please do use the Support Line. In the meantime if there is anything else you need then please do ask- there are many lovely ladies on here at different stages on their journey's and there will be others who will want to share their experiences with you and offer support.

Take care

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm