Hello again

• 5 replies
  • 86 subscribers

Hi. I have posted once before.

Brief description of my journey so far.

GP August- 2 week pathway. Started that day after  bleeding.on HRT

30 August Adequate pipelle biopsy..

15 September called in for results Diagnosis stage 1 Uterine cancer.

From that moment I think I was in shock. A week later approx i realised i had cancer. I have checked out this forum and i dont think im alone there.

Advised i needed total hysterectomy laproscopic. OP to be 4-6 weeks.

Had pre op on 19 Sept. 

Phone call from hospital on 28/9, cancelation on 3/10 available (next week!) , for robotic. I took it 

I was terrified. I am an obese, heavy drinker of wine with no other diagnosed illnesses. I dont go to the doctor usually. Anyway im still here, post op.  H

Hope this might help. My surgery was 830am, im glad to say. It took approx 2 1/2 hours. Ia little longer than normal. In recovery for approx 1 hour? Then down to elective surgery ward. Hoping to go home by 6pm. I had a temp of 37.9 there they kept me in. My blood pressure went up but came down again after a pee.

I eventually went home at around 9pm. I should have used cushion for belly, i forgot. Please do that if your about to go for op.

I have more to tell but this post is too long already.

I will post again tomorrow re pain, catheter and wind pain/constipation. 

Sorry., i dont know how to make font bigger

Thanks for reading.  (IF anyone has)!

• Hello Folliage

Am glad that you have had your op and are now back home recovering.

It's a good point about the cushion for the journey home. Bound to be tender in the tummy for a while. 

How are you feeling in yourself now? Always a good idea to keep an eye on your temp, post op and to call them if any spikes. 

Hope that your pain and tummy are settling and you are resting as much as you can. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi. Thanks Jane.

I went to hospital on Thur  morning slight bleeding and it hurt when i uri ated. Also temp still spiking.

I hap temp checked, it was normal 37c. They took bloods to check inflammatory markers but all was ok.

I am still getting temp spikes in early evening though. Friday 38.3. Last night 37. 6. Today the same. I am taking paracetamol to help but i will ring gyni tomorrow morning for advice. Its a bit scary 

Thanks for your reply. Its great that there are supportive people las yourself on these forums to help.

I hope i can help someone too

• Don't forget that you can always phone them in the evening etc if you have any worries- especially temps. There should be instructions and a number on your discharge forms. I had cystitis type symptoms several times during treatments. I think after the hysterectomy they have rummaged around inside so much, it's not surprising. 

Always get any bleeding checked if it is more than a small amount- I was told a tiny amount was ok but anything heavier- ring them and they will assess. 

I am sure that your posts will help others. Just knowing what to expect and what to do with any worries really helps. I found a lot of it to begin with myself was fear of the unknown. Once you know what is likely to happen and what is usual in the circumstances- it takes away the fear and everything seems a bit more under control.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• I’ve been back to the ward 3 times this past week because I have bleeding from one of my wounds, they are brilliant and just say come back anytime if you need to, so if you are concerned just give them a ring 

• I phoned my ward a couple of times post op and they were super. I stayed in overnight after my op; my ward was right by the nurses office and I heard them answering the phone through the small hours advising women with post op issues so I knew it was okay to do so.