Neck swelling

• 2 replies
  • 84 subscribers

Hi folks. New girl here. Diagnosed on Thursday. Awaiting CT scan to determine spread. Woke up with lymph node swelling on left side of neck. Feel this is NOT good. Public holiday so not sure if there is anything I should do. Any advice? 

• Hello Princess Xena

Welcome to the Online Community and the Womb cancer forum. I hope that you will find it as supportive and informative as I have done. 

I am very sorry to hear that you have had a diagnosis of womb cancer. I remember how I felt when I first had my diagnosis. (If you click on my name my profile will come up) My diagnosis was in March 2022 and I had surgery in April. This was followed by some additional treatment. I remember feeling a whole range of emotions at the time and to be honest, I just tried to go with the flow, accept that everything would feel all over the place for a while and I reached out to those around me when I needed to. 

We do have a Support Line on here that you are welcome to call if you feel like talking it all through may help. The number is at the bottom of this. 

I remember wanting more information so I will post a link below with some information that may help. 

Womb cancer booklet | Macmillan Cancer Support

It is very normal after a diagnosis to have a CT scan to help stage the cancer. It can feel scary but they need the information to decide which treatment would be best for you. Hopefully the results will be reassuring and you will get them back quickly. 

I am sorry to hear that you have swelling in your neck lymph nodes and can understand how it is easy to fear the worst when you have just had a diagnosis. I myself still think any symptom or aches or pains are caused by the cancer rather than sometimes it is something quite unrelated. 

Have you been around anyone who has been unwell recently? Do you feel poorly with it? Sore throat etc. Is it painful? Have you got any other symptoms.

It may be coincidental rather than something to be concerned with but personally I would run it through with your doctor, especially if it worsens or you feel more unwell. You could always give NHS111 a call to be assessed. Just thinking that there seems to be a lot of covid and colds around at the moment in my area. 

I hope this helps a bit. If there is anything else you need please do ask. I hope that your CT scan goes well and that you soon have a plan for what happens next. I found waiting around one of the worst parts and once I knew what was going to happen and when I did feel that things were a bit more in control. The Support Line is there from 8am-8pm daily and if you can always give them a call about your neck if you prefer. But I would think its better just to get it checked than sit and worry about it. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you so much Jane. This has been both helpful and a comfort.